- In review: Lovering J, Swain M, Blomqvist L, Hernandez RR, Nordhaus T. Land use intensity of electricity production and tomorrow’s energy landscape.
- Swain, M, Blomqvist L, McNamara J, Ripple WJ (2018). Reducing the environmental impact of global diets. Science of the Total Environment 610-611: 1207-1209. (Web link, full-text PDF)
- Moser S, Swain M, Alkhabbaz MH (2015) King Abdullah Economic City: Engineering Saudi Arabia’s post-oil future. Cities 45: 71-80. (Web link, full-text PDF)
Popular media (selected)
- “California’s energy goals collide with the desert tortoise.” San Francisco Chronicle.
- “Excessive use of antibiotics is causing huge problems. Here’s how to fix it.” Vox.
- “Aquaculture: farmed fish may be better for the environment.” Slate.
- “If we quit oil, then what?” Ensia.
- “Natural gas overwhelmingly replaces coal.” The Energy Collective.
- “It’s a Love/Hate Thing: The Protest to Preserve the Berlin Wall.” This Big City.